Duties: Develop web-based enterprise-level applications for the banking and insurance domain; develop and analyze application design (preparing functional specification documents and technical design documents); design and implement technical solutions using ORM (Hibernate); configure, install and maintain applications on application servers (Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss); design and develop application design and integrate application features with different teams; integration testing, unit testing and end-to-end testing of new/enhanced application features; work with different teams to provide QA sign-off by providing test plans and data; source code and version control and management; and generate customized reports to monitor and demonstrate application health.
Education and Experience: Master of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or Management Information Systems. Alternatively, Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or Management Information Systems plus 5 years of experience as Software Developer, Application Developer, Application Architect, Programmer, Systems Analyst or related position. Foreign educational equivalent accepted.
- Domains -- Banking, Insurance
- Frameworks -- J2EE, Spring, Struts
- ORM -- Hibernate
- Servers -- Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss
- Webservices – REST, SOAP
- IDE -- Eclipse, MyEclipse, Rational Application Developer, Netbeans
- Application Design -- Rational Application Architect, UML, Visio
- Database – SQL Server, Oracle, SQL/PLSQL
- Web UI -- Java Script, HTML5, CSS, JSP, Spring Tag Libraries, Struts Tag Libraries
- SDLC Management -- Microsoft Project, Version One, JIRA, Quality Center
Worksite: 214 North Tryon Street, Charlotte 28202. Must be willing to relocate to unanticipated locations across the country. No travel and/or telecommuting.
This position qualifies under our incentive-based employee referral program.
Please refer to job code SYN2019/547 when applying for this position.
To apply for this position please submit your details and responses to the below questions