The Data Science team is looking for a seasoned data scientist with a strong analytics, programming, and machine learning background. The ideal candidate will work closely with top tier financial services organizations to formulate solutions to complex business problems using multiple analytical tools and frameworks, including statistical analysis, natural language processing, machine learning, and deep learning. The ideal candidate will be able to identify client needs, propose effective solutions, and implement the solutions as part of a team.
Synechron’s collaborative culture and global network of Tier One banking clients provides an incredible environment for a data scientist to work on the most cutting-edge use cases in machine learning and artificial intelligence in finance. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best data scientists anywhere in an environment which truly values innovation, creative thinking, and a proactive approach to problem solving. Exciting projects include building machine learning platforms for investment research, private wealth management, IPO underwriting, customer analytics, social AI, and retail and commercial banking. As a senior member of the Data Science team you will have the opportunity to lead teams and projects and to mentor junior data scientists in their development.
- Design and develop scalable solutions to complex problems using statistical modeling, machine learning, Natural Language Processing, Optical Character Recognition, and deep learning;
- Implement solutions in Python in multiple environments including Spark, AWS, and Azure;
- Manage junior data scientists in the implementation of machine learning solutions;
- Meet with clients to understand business use cases, identify needs, and formulate end-to-end solutions encompassing data ingestion, cleansing, modeling, and predictive and prescriptive analytics;
- Manage the ingestion and cleansing of large data sets using big data tools such as Spark;
- Translate solutions into business requirements;
- Independently formulate new ideas for solving client problems or providing clients with new tools for growing revenue, reducing cost, improving customer acquisition and retention, and automating business processes.
- Hold a MS or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline: computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, operations research, management of information systems, engineering, economics, social sciences or equivalent;
- Programming skills in Python;
- Presentation skills including experience presenting complex ideas to clients and prospects;
- The ability to independently formulate solutions to complex problems or to otherwise think of potential solutions without guidance;
- 8+ years of total experience including 4+ years of experience developing machine learning systems in Python, Java, or a related programming language;
- Hands on experience with data mining, machine learning, econometric analysis or equivalent;
- Experience in Hadoop or other MapReduce paradigms and associated languages such as Spark;
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting.
- Strong Python programming skills;
- Knowledge of deep learning and related open source libraries such as TensorFlow;
- Financial Services experience and knowledge of the FS industry;
- Deep knowledge of Natural Language Processing;
- Experience with Spark and machine learning libraries such as MLlib;
- Experience in marketing and sales, being an innovator and disruptor is also a plus;
- Being self-motivated, creative and collaborative;
- Strong presentation and communications skills.
Share this job