Synechron is looking for an Engineering Lead to work on challenging project for a leading bank in Dubai & Abu Dhabi. At Synechron, an Engineering Lead takes overall charge of development, maintenance, as well as the commissioning and installation of new systems and technology. He/she will work closely with our clients to align technology solutions with their business objectives and budgetary needs, and then implements those solutions.
The Engineering Lead assesses and manages risks and ensures that equipment complies with regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include training staff in maintenance and troubleshooting, and ensuring there is sufficient labor to meet clients’ deadlines and quality standards. The Lead Engineer is also in charge of establishing systems and practices to encourage workflow improvements that enhance productivity. This strong leader needs to have excellent problem solving, analytical, communication and negotiation skills. The Engineering Lead must keep abreast of cutting-edge technologies and methods in the field.
- Undertake engineering projects and own technical delivery as per the requirements.
- To ensure team follows best coding, CICD & cloud development standards & practices.
- To own the technical delivery of the team, aligned to agreed architecture.
- Ensure deliverables are designed & developed as per the requirement.
- Closely monitor code quality and delivery of milestones.
- Identify areas of improvement and training required by team members.
- Oversee the work done by the engineers and provide them feedback and guidance.
- Guide the engineers on carrying out various tasks efficiently.
- To independently perform Technical POCs as required.
- Development of the technical modules assigned.
- Participate In technical design discussion with Architects to arrive at best solution.
- Review the performance of the deliverables from time to time and suggest improvements as and when required.
- Be the single point of contact for the team for any technical clarification/bottle necks.
- 8 - 15 year’s experience in a similar role
- Developer and technical lead with minimum 5 years of Design and development experience in MicroServices architecture
- Extensive coding experience with CQRS, Axon Framework, SpringBoot, MongoDB, Spring Cloud, Hibernate and have passion for coding.
- Familiar with Open Shift platform, Kubernetes and good hands on experience with distributed micro services in cloud
- Hands on experience in performance tuning, debugging, monitoring with the latest tool stack like Prometheus, Zipkin, hystrix, FluentD, Kibana, Grafana.
- Well versed with CI/CD principles, and actively involved in solving, troubleshooting issues in distributed services ecosystem
- Familiar with Distributed services resiliency and monitoring in a production environment
- Ensure quality of architecture and design of systems across the organization.
- Hands on in Twelve Factor App principles and Agile methodologies
Good to have:
- Orchestration using design patterns and tools not limited to rules engines (Apache Camel, Drools)
- Understanding of containerization using Dockers and its implementations
- Adhere to best practices, such as, Unit Testing, TDD and Continuous Deployment
- Swagger API documentation
- Able to influence multiple teams on technical considerations, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing deep knowledge and experience.
- Self-motivator and self-starter (we are not looking for order-takers), ability to own and drive things without supervision and works collaboratively with the teams across the organization.
- Have excellent soft skills and interpersonal skills to interact and present the ideas to Senior and Executive management (CTO level)
- Be able to review the code for the best outcomes, retrofit the code and set up strong coding practices across teams.
Share this job