We are looking for Data Strategy consultants (5+ years of experience) in Amsterdam. In our data practice team, you will play a critical role in helping our clients tackle complex business issues. You will be providing consultancy services to financial services firms. You will provide advice in multifaceted programs and projects on the cutting edge of structuring and managing the client’s data solutions. You will gather expertise in the application of a business-oriented approach to data management and data architecture.
- Actively structure and drive the data governance process with the client (VP and above);
- Drive the value proposition and work with the client to gain alignment and buy-in;
- Apply Synechron standard methods for performing strategy assessments and translating this into practical implementation;
- Leverage the best from Synechron to architect a data integration solution;
- Advise in (international) project environments on data management and data regulations (e.g. BCBS239, GDPR, PSD2…);
- Resolve inconsistent definitions, metrics and assumptions by enabling unambiguous data ownership and the possibility to monitor data quality;
- Analyze business processes and problems;
- Data availability analysis and definition of improvements;
- Data quality requirements definition;
- Data architecture and TOM definition;
- Data governance design and implementation;
- Structure the data communications by defining a common data model;
- Support and develop the data practice by leading value propositions, managing go-to-markets and recruiting talented individuals from the market.
- An engineering degree or similar;
- 5+ years of work experience in a Data Management/Data Integration environment within a financial institution, with a good understanding of both the data and the business processes;
- Experience with system implementation projects;
- Experience in project management is an advantage;
- An interest for working in consultancy and organizational change field;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Dutch and English;
- Strong affinity with financial services;
- Ambition to be the best in your field.
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands;
- 100% willing to travel to clients across the Netherlands;
- A team player: enjoy working with customers and sharing knowledge with colleagues;
- Commercially driven: ready to open doors at clients and spot new opportunities in the market
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and commercial
- In key words: ambitious, strong analytical skills, pragmatic, result-driven, entrepreneurship, self-starter, persistence and enthusiasm.
- A brand-new office next to the Johan Cruijff Arena;
- Possibility of working abroad - Singapore, London, Charlotte, New York, feel free to think global!
- Good salary;
- Great monthly and yearly bonus;
- Comprehensive training budget, focusing on both skills and content knowledge and personal development;
- Company car or mobility budget, laptop & mobile phone;
- Excellent working atmosphere: Friday drinks, sport activities, Christmas party & yearly legendary trip abroad with a young, dynamic team;
- 30 days for holiday;
- A flat and approachable organization.
Growth and development
At Synechron, personal growth and development is a high priority. Therefor we have a mandatory training program and great opportunities for personal development. All our employees are supervised by a designated team leader in their personal growth and development. To monitor this, performance reviews are scheduled with all employees at least four times a year. We have been awarded ‘Best Workplace’ in the Netherlands by ‘Great Place to Work’ in 2019.
Interested in joining us?
For further information, please contact our recruitment department via
recruitment-AMS@synechron.com, or apply directly by filling in the form below, with an elaborate motivation and your attached resume. Only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
Please note that we will only take applications into consideration of candidates who are eligible to work in the Netherlands. All job interviews will take place face-to-face at our Amsterdam office.
Share this job