We are looking for a new Data Strategy Consultant (8+ years of experience) for our Synechron office in Amsterdam!
- As a consultant in our Data practice team, you will play a critical role in helping our clients tackle complex business issues.
- You will be providing consultancy services to the departments of a bank, pension fund, asset manager or insurance company.
- You will be advising on multifaceted programmes and projects on the cutting edge of structuring and managing the client’s data solutions.
The role will include:
- Actively structure and drive the data governance process with the clients (VP and above)
- Drive the value proposition and work with the client to gain alignment and buy-in
- Apply Synechron standard methods for performing strategy assessments and translating this into practical implementation
- Leverage the best from Synechron to architect a data integration solution
- Consulting in (international) project environments on data management and data regulations (e.g. BCBS239, GDPR, PSD2…)
- Resolving inconsistent definitions, metrics and assumptions by enabling unambiguous data ownerships and the possibility to monitor data quality
- Analysing business processes and problems
- Data availability analysis and definition of improvements
- Data quality requirements definition
- Data architecture and TOM definition
- Data governance design and implementation
- Structuring the data communications by defining a common data model
- Support and develop the data practice by leading value propositions, managing go-to-markets and recruiting talented individuals from the market
During these activities, you will gather expertise in the application of a business-oriented approach to data management and data architecture. The projects target is qualitative, complete and integrated data. You will carry these projects out on location at the most prominent financial institutions in The Netherlands and abroad.
- An engineering degree or a similar degree
- 8+ years of work experience in a Data Management/Data Integration environment at a financial institution, with a good understanding of both the data and the business processes
- Experience with system implementation projects
- Experience in Project Management is an advantage
- Entrepreneurial, analytical, results-oriented and good communication skills
- A passion for the consultancy and organisational change field
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Dutch and English
- A strong affinity for financial services
- Ambition to be the best in your field
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands
- 100% willing to travel to client site
- A team player who enjoys working with customers and sharing knowledge with co-workers
- Happy to do business together with your colleagues and occasionally celebrate and discuss this while having a drink
What Synechron offers
- A brand new office in the middle of all the big banking companies in Amsterdam
- Possibility of assignments abroad in Singapore, London, Charlotte, New York. Feel free to think global!
- Attractive pay package
- Great monthly and yearly bonuses
- Comprehensive training budget, focusing on both skills and content knowledge and personal development
- Company car or mobility budget (if you like to cycle), laptop & mobile phone
- Excellent working atmosphere: Friday drinks, sport activities, Christmas party & yearly legendary trip abroad with a young, dynamic team
- 30 days of leaves in a year
- A flat and approachable organization
- A DUO-budget: an amount a year to have lunch, dinner or coffee with a colleague in a personal way
Share this job