We are looking for Data Scientists (2-5 years of experience) in Amsterdam! As a Data Scientist, you will be providing consultancy services to financial services firms. You will advise in multifaceted programs where you will need excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to simplify complex numerical concepts to a larger audience. You will have the opportunity to accelerate your career by working on a wide range of client engagements in data science, data analytics, fraud analytics, data visualization, and bespoke technology solutions. You will gather expertise in the application of a business-oriented approach to data science, data analytics and data management.
- Design, develop and test statistical, stochastic and machine learning models;
- Asses third-party and/or open source solutions to determine fit for use for specific use cases;
- Contribute to developing new solutions and approaches in advanced analytics and data science;
- Collaborate with Synechron FinLabs for creating innovative customer solutions;
- Advise on data management and data regulations;
- Analyze business processes and problems;
- Analyze data availability and/or quality and definition of requirements and improvements;
- Structure data by defining data models and reporting solutions.
- A quantitative/numerate degree, such as Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Statistics, Data science, Engineering or Business Analytics;
- 2-5 years of experience in a Data Science, Data Analytics and/or Data Visualization environment preferably at a financial institution with a good understanding of both data and business processes;
- Strong Communication, Analytical, Logical and Numerical reasoning skills;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Data Visualization/Data Analysis tools;
- Hands-on experience with Scala/R/Python;
- Experience in project management is an advantage;
- An interest for working in consultancy and organizational change field;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Dutch and English;
- Strong affinity with financial services;
- Ambition to be the best in your field.
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands;
- 100% willing to travel to clients across the Netherlands;
- A team player: enjoy working with customers and sharing knowledge with colleagues;
- Commercially driven: ready to open doors at clients and spot new opportunities in the market
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and commercial
- In key words: ambitious, strong analytical skills, pragmatic, result-driven, entrepreneurship, self-starter, persistence and enthusiasm.
- A brand-new office next to the Johan Cruijff Arena;
- Possibility of working abroad - Singapore, London, Charlotte, New York, feel free to think global!
- Good salary;
- Great monthly and yearly bonus;
- Comprehensive training budget, focusing on both skills and content knowledge and personal development;
- Company car or mobility budget, laptop & mobile phone;
- Excellent working atmosphere: Friday drinks, sport activities, Christmas party & yearly legendary trip abroad with a young, dynamic team;
- 30 days for holiday;
- A flat and approachable organization.
Growth and development
At Synechron, personal growth and development is a high priority. Therefor we have a mandatory training program and great opportunities for personal development. All our employees are supervised by a designated team leader in their personal growth and development. To monitor this, performance reviews are scheduled with all employees at least four times a year. We have been awarded ‘Best Workplace’ in the Netherlands by ‘Great Place to Work’ in 2019.
Interested in joining us?
For further information, please contact our recruitment department via recruitment-AMS@synechron.com, or apply directly by filling in the form below, with an elaborate motivation and your attached resume. Only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
Please note that we will only take applications into consideration of candidates who are eligible to work in the Netherlands. All job interviews will take place face-to-face at our Amsterdam office.
Share this job