Business Data Analyst needed in New York, NY and various unanticipated locations throughout the U.S. to identify business data patterns and trends, collect business intelligence data, and perform data profiling on source system data.
This position qualifies under our incentive-based employee referral program.
- Identify business data patterns and trends, collect business intelligence data, and perform data profiling on source system data.
- Understand the project, outline of impacts, business requirements, testing preparation, user testing, and production monitoring after go-live.
- Analyze business requirements and document the workflow for technical design and implementation.
- Identify the differences between two or more data sets having data sources from multiple sources and document the use cases for differences.
- Deliver key metrics, reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc analyses with interpretation.
- Ensure that source system data can be integrated and represented properly.
- Analyze business data and requirements to propose and design solutions.
- Convert business data requirements into technical requirements.
- Automate the loading, processing, and comparing of data sets between multiple data source systems.
- Act as a liaison between the business and technical teams.
- Create, clarify, and validate user stories to business stakeholders and developers to enable effort estimation.
- Conduct QA testing and develop use cases and test cases.
- Perform UAT to confirm core datasets to satisfy the business needs.
- Perform root cause analysis on issues discovered during the testing phase and on production an update the test suite for better test coverage.
- Involved in the quality assurance phase to confirm the validity of potential issues and suggest the best resolution for verified issues.
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equiv) in Computer Science, Engineering (any), Business Administration, Business, or related field, plus two (2) years of IT experience. One (1) year of the two (2) years of IT experience must include experience using Apache Maven, Oracle Database, PL/SQL, SQL, and Vaadin. In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent), we will accept any suitable combination of education, training, and/or experience, as determined by a professional evaluation service. All experience may be acquired concurrently. Travel & relocation required. Send resumes to Synechron, Inc.-H.R. Department, 11 Times Square, Suite 3301, New York, NY 10036; Ref: 149; EOE.
To apply for this position please submit your details and responses to the below questions