Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Cloud Migration for a Large Exchange Developing an end-to-end Cloud infrastructure
A large exchange sought to develop an end-to-end Cloud infrastructure, enabling it to provide Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) for three business units across three key markets. By creating a uniform, Cloud-based back-end to support a simultaneous front-end User Interface (UI) update, the provider could deliver a consistent infrastructure and customer experience across markets.
Synechron developed three strategies for the SaaS initiative that would ensure a smooth and secure transition to the Cloud infrastructure while the client simultaneously updated the applications’ front-end, to extract the maximum performance and cost benefit.
The Cloud strategies include:
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP) Approach: Migrate the presentation layer to the Cloud and through Application Program Interfaces (APIs) allowing for a more substantial Cloud migration in the future.
- Short-Term Approach: All applications operating out of the client data center migrated to the Cloud to reduce hosting costs, improve load balancing and enable dynamic provisioning of resources – implemented over four phases.
- Long-Term Approach: Build on the Short-Term approach but replace third-party components with native cloud services.
Moreover, given Synechron’s expertise in user experience design and user interface design for applications and portals, we were able to draw on this knowledge to anticipate infrastructure needs.
- Three strategies to consider based on stakeholder priorities
- Seamless transition to operational standardization among business units
- A secure, consistent, performant and reliable customer experience
Delivering consistent infrastructure and an
enhanced customer experience
We provided the following services to deliver success
A global team with a laser focus