An Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) represents the central repository for significant parts of enterprise data and its use extends beyond the specific focus of a department or group of users. Hence, the EDW roadmap should align with the strategic objectives of the enterprise supplying data to tactical decision makers by integrating various data sources to a common data model and overcoming inherent data quality issues to develop analytics solutions for varied users.
Synechron leverages the concept of iterative building to align itself with the EDW roadmap through an adaptive & agile process by driving the results and deliverables in line with the organizational goal, thereby delivering results in a short period of time.
One of the most significant factors in achieving this objective is to define the EDW architecture in order to make it fully compliant with the organizational goal.
Synechron utilizes the following concepts towards iteratively building the EDW roadmap:
- Data Architecture & Modeling
- Master Data Management
- Metadata Management
- Data Quality & Profiling
- Data Governance
- Data Warehouse Implementation
- Data Migration & Integration
- Information Delivery
- Data Mining
- Analytics and Cube
For large organizations with disparate business processes and methods, Synechron proposes the Adaptive Approach (Federated Approach). This approach effectively tackles:
- Change: Changing market demands create a constant state of flux, thus requiring business processes to remain flexible at all times
- Diversity: Lack of common information standards and the diverse nature of the information sources create a disconnect within organizations due to conflicting data
- 'Local' vs. 'global' tensions: Many large organizations are composed of autonomous business units, each with their own 'local' demands. Aligning them to corporate needs and vice versa continues to be a key challenge
In addition to intelligent data analysis, organizations need to know where exactly is the data that has been processed and what it actually means. To address this, Synechron has developed its own customized Meta Data Repository Portal that can be easily plugged into a variety of warehouse implementations.
One of the core needs of implementing an effective EDW roadmap is to expose data points from sources/Enterprise data stores/Analytical cubes. Synechron has developed an EAI Architecture bus using SOA that can be plugged in any off-the-shelf/custom developed applications.