Public cloud describes the conventional meaning of cloud computing: scalable, dynamically provisioned, often virtualized resources available over the Internet from an off-site third-party provider, which divides up resources and bills its customers on ‘utility’ basis.
At Synechron, we rely on our understanding of balance among cost, risk and performance in public clouds. We help our customers to navigate the cloud experience by enabling them to use convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction. Synechron is vendor-neutral and recommends the perfect matching cloud provider based on your enterprise needs. Synechron helps to do Proof of Concept for customers willing to adopt any new cloud technology.
Software as a Service (SaaS):
Synechron has helped various customers in architecting and developing multi-tenant based SaaS applications (services) as well as in migration of existing monolithic applications to SaaS enabled applications. We also have proven expertise in developing SaaS applications on Salesforce.com and helping customize and integrate various components with their existing applications.
Following are the services provided for SaaS:
- Evaluation of SaaS based applications/Tools (Microsoft SaaS Applications, Google Apps, Salesforce.com Apps, IBM Lotus Lives etc.)
- Architecting SaaS enabled application/service and development
- Complete migration services including applications & components, along with testing, data synchronization & migration.
Platform as a Service (PaaS):
Synechron has helped setup multiple solutions in PaaS such as Microsoft Windows AZURE (Azure Compute, Storage, CDN, App fabric Service Bus, Access Control, Caching, SQL Azure), Force.com (Database, UI, Workflows, Force.com cloud services), and Google App Engine (Hosting, storage, Google cloud services). We have assisted several of our customers in developing and deploying applications/services in Windows Azure and Force.com platform.
Synechron’s key offerings are:
- Evaluation of PaaS cloud platforms such as Microsoft Windows Azure, Google App Engine, Force.com and other PaaS platform vendors
- Architecture and development of Customized application on PaaS cloud platform such as Windows AZURE, Google App Engine and Force.com.
- Complete migration services including applications & components, along with testing and data synchronization.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS):
Synechron has provided turnkey solutions to various customers with design, development and operation support using Amazon AWS and other IaaS providers such as Rackspace, Terremark vCloud Express etc. Some of the services developed from scratch involved EC2 Compute, S3 storage, SQS, RDS, SNS, Simple DB, and CloudWatch from Amazon AWS. In case of migration projects, Synechron has helped customers to move their existing services to IaaS based public cloud with an added advantage of rapid elasticity and pay as you go model.
The key service offerings for IaaS are:
- Evaluation of existing state architecture and helping in formation of roadmap for migration to IaaS based cloud
- Due diligence in matching requirements with capabilities provided by various IaaS based public cloud providers
- Enabling customers to leverage out of the box compute/storage/messaging/monitoring services provided by cloud providers
- Cost/Benefit analysis to identify the best solution for our customer’s needs
Synechron's multi-cloud provisioning using 'SyneCloud Adoption Accelerator'
Synechron's Cloud CoE is building a framework, which will allow customers to switch cloud provider, based on ROI at any given time. This framework introduces an adapter layer for provisioning and management of cloud resource (such as compute instances, storage, messaging, database etc.). Customers using this framework will get the desired isolation from any specific cloud provider APIs and will be in a position to avoid vendor lock-in.